The Sixth Annual Undergraduate Symposium: Thursday May 19, 2016!
The Fifth Annual Undergraduate Symposium was honored to host the largest and most disciplinarily diverse cohort of undergraduates to date–encompassing nearly 200 presenters representing 46 majors and seven colleges.
The 2015 Undergraduate Symposium Faculty Review Committee accepted 129 proposals after a rigorous abstract review process. Presenters–individually and in teams–shared their ideas, discoveries, research, and artistic expressions with the campus and local community through 64 poster exhibits, 56 oral presentations, and nine creative work installations and performances. New categories for service learning and international research were spotlighted as well.
The Undergraduate Symposium also wishes to acknowledge the 143 faculty mentors who sponsored the presenters’ proposals.
Please peruse the official 2015 Undergraduate Symposium Program.
We thank you for joining us to support undergraduates’ original contributions in the sciences, social sciences, humanities, arts, and professions.
2015 Undergraduate Symposium Photographs & Videos Available Now
The 2015 Undergraduate Symposium photographs taken by Lesli Larson and Mandi Garcia of the UO Libraries are available for viewing and downloading via the Flickr album on this page.
The UO Channel hosts both the videos of select oral presentation panels, including “International and Cross Cultural Studies,” “Indigenous Studies,” and “Environmental Studies,” and the student video interviews.
Presenters: Have Your Work Saved to UO Scholars’ Bank
- For instructor last name, provide the name of your faculty mentor
- Upload a PDF of your poster or Powerpoint presentation. For other file types, including those for images, video, and audio, please contact the Scholars’ Bank administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add the “Undergraduate Symposium” as one of your keywords.
If you would like to volunteer for the symposium, email email@example.com
- Kevin Hatfield, Director of Academic Residential and Research Initiatives, Undergraduate Studies/University Housing; Adjunct Assistant Professor, History
- Karl Reasoner, Program Manager, Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program, Office of Research and Innovation
- Renee Dorjahn, Director of Finance and Administration, Robert D. Clark Honors College
- Yen Tran, Student Engagement and Outreach Librarian, UO Libraries
- Emily Fiocco, Graduate Coordinator GTF, Division of Undergraduate Studies
- NEXUS Undergraduate Research Group
- Samantha Nesbitt
- Merida Mehaffey
- Emily Chinn
- Bryan Peterson
- Muhammad Khalifa
- Alani Estrella
The Undergraduate Symposium is sponsored by the Division of Undergraduate Studies, the Center for Multicultural Academic Excellence, University Housing, the Robert D. Clark Honors College, the UO Libraries, the Office of Equity and Inclusion, and the Division of Student Affairs