The Fifth Annual Undergraduate Symposium: Thursday May 14, 2015!
The Undergraduate Symposium is honored to host the largest and most disciplinarily diverse cohort of undergraduates to date–encompassing nearly 200 presenters representing 46 majors and seven colleges.
The 2015 Undergraduate Symposium Faculty Review Committee has accepted 129 proposals after a rigorous abstract review process. Presenters–individually and in teams–will share their ideas, discoveries, research, and artistic expressions with the campus and local community through 64 poster exhibits, 56 oral presentations, and nine creative work installations and performances. New categories for service learning and international research will be spotlighted this year as well.
The Undergraduate Symposium also wishes to acknowledge the 143 faculty mentors who sponsored the presenters’ proposals.
Please peruse the official 2015 Undergraduate Symposium Program.
We hope you can join us to support undergraduates’ original contributions in the sciences, social sciences, humanities, arts, and professions.
Questions about the symposium? Visit our FAQ page.
Presenters: Have your work saved to Scholars’ Bank
- For instructor last name, put down the name of your advisor
- Upload a PDF of your poster or powerpoint presentation. For other file types, including those for images, video and audio, please contact the Scholars’ Bank administrator at email@example.com.
- Add the “Undergraduate Symposium” as one of your keywords.
If you would like to volunteer for the symposium, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Hatfield, Director of Academic Residential and Research Initiatives, Undergraduate Studies/University Housing; Adjunct Assistant Professor, History
- Karl Reasoner, Program Manager, Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program, Office of Research and Innovation
- Renee Dorjahn, Director of Finance and Administration, Robert D. Clark Honors College
- Yen Tran, Student Engagement and Outreach Librarian, UO Libraries
- Emily Fiocco, Graduate Coordinator GTF, Division of Undergraduate Studies
- NEXUS Undergraduate Research Group
- Samantha Nesbitt
- Merida Mehaffey
- Emily Chinn
- Bryan Peterson
- Muhammad Khalifa
- Alani Estrella
The Undergraduate Symposium is sponsored by the Division of Undergraduate Studies, the Center for Multicultural Academic Excellence, University Housing, the Robert D. Clark Honors College, the UO Libraries, the Office of Equity and Inclusion, and the Division of Student Affairs