Call for Volunteers - 2020 Undergraduate Research Symposium
The Undergraduate Research Symposium Planning Committee invites you to serve as a volunteer for the 10th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium on Thursday, May 21 in the EMU.
To honor the original research and creative work of our students, the Symposium strives to frame the environment of an academic conference, and the role of the volunteer plays an integral part in this endeavor.
The 2020 Symposium anticipates exceeding last year’s record 513 presenters distributed across concurrent oral and creative work sessions, 200 posters, several FIG and ARC group presentations.
Volunteers are welcome to indciate their availability on the survey link above on May 21.
Volunteers will perform the following responsibilities:
- judging for presenter awards
- moderating panel sessions for oral and creative work presentations
- assisting with the registration table
- ushering presenters, faculty mentors, and guests to presentation locations/rooms
- assisting with venue set-up and take-down
- in-room host/technology support
If you wish to accept our invitation to serve as a volunteer please complete the brief survey linked above by Thursday, May 7 at 5:00pm.