The Residence Hall Association (RHA) award recognizes presentations of any format, and in all academic disciplines. The award is open to any student living within University of Oregon Housing residence halls, and includes first-year, as well as upper division undergraduate residents. This award is sponsored by the University of Oregon Residence Hall Association.
A single $500 award will be given to the best individual presentation, and may be used to attend an academic conference or visit a graduate school prior to the recipient’s graduation.
- One $500 award will be given to the best group presentation (e.g. ARC or FIG) and may be used for a group-related professional development or academic activity (e.g. travel to Pine Mountain Observatory).
2022 AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Maya Feldman-Dragich, Emily Kavanagh & Kye Martin "Lesbian Periodicals: Radical Politics and Community Building"
- Vithika Goyal "Expression of FGF Signaling Genes during Threespine Stickleback Development"
2021 AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Sasha Kaplow & Alli Powell "Creating Equity - The Food Insecurity Crisis in Eugene, Oregon"
- Alissa Richbourg "Ecological Design: Designing a Native Pollinator-Supportive Garden on the UO Campus"
Award specific Eligibility criteria
- Open to current first-year (first-time, full-time), as well as upper division UO undergraduate students from all academic disciplines and majors, who lived in a University Housing residence hall at any time during the current academic year (Fall 2021 through Spring 2022).
One (1) $500 Award for Best Individual Presentation
One (1) $500 Award for Best Group Presentation
Residence Hall Association