The Undergraduate Research Symposium, ASURE and other campus organizations like UO Libraries provide a range of support and resources for undergraduate presenters, including abstract writing, citing sources, poster and slideshow design, oral and poster presentation, creating data stories, finding data and research-related resources, and public speaking.
The Affiliated Students for Undergraduate Research and Engagement (ASURE) host info sessions and abstract workshops for students to work on their symposium application in a low-stress and supportive environment with their peers. Submission guidelines and examples will also be shared. Attendance at one or more of these sessions is highly encouraged and is an excellent opportunity for personal and professional development. The 2021 workshops will be:
- Creative Works - Friday, April 2 at Noon (Pacific Time)
- The Symposium and Abstracts - Monday, April 5 at 5:30 pm (Pacific Time)
- Oral Presentations - Wednesday, April 28 at 5:00 pm (Pacific Time)
- Poster Presentations - Friday, May 7 at 3:00 pm (Pacific Time)
- Final Touches - All Presentation Formats- Friday, May 14 at 1:00 pm (Pacific Time)
Library staff are able to help you with finding credible sources of data or research, citing sources (including images and datasets!), using research and analyzing data, locating copyright-free images and designing posters.
- Make an appointment with the subject librarian for your major or minor for more in depth help
- Ask a quick question about your project
- Consult with our Data Services unit on finding and managing data or email ResearchDataMgmt@uoregon.edu
- Want assistance with designing your poster? Ask Librarian Dean Walton (firstname.lastname@example.org)